What do you need to get repaired? What will you MAKE?
On April 8 the Ottawa Tool Library will be offering the best 2 for 1 deal in the city, as they host TWO great community events at the SAME time!
Don't throw it away - fix it!
In today's day and age, we are often temped to toss something that isn't working quite right anymore. But for what? It often still has much life, and will just serve to fill a landfill and cost you more money.
The Repair Café hopes to save that waste and money, while also:
- Revitalizing a culture of repairing;
- Identifying repair expertise and to spread knowledge and know-how;
- Promote social cohesion in Ottawa by connecting neighbours
Interested? Join us on April 8th with your items that need repairing. The event is FREE
Do YOU have any repair skills? We're looking for people who can help with:
- Clothing repair. Darning, patching, hemming, buttons, etc.
- Basic wood furniture repair. Adjustments, tightening, etc.
- Bicycles. Overall assessment, basic tune up and tips.
- Other? Tell us what you can offer! We bet someone needs you :)
Email us at email@example.com and let us know what skills you can share!