Learn some of the most popular techniques that are used in refinishing furniture today.
Have you ever scrolled through Pinterest and wondered how some of the beautiful furniture finishes are done? Come join us in learning some of the most popular techniques used in furniture refinishing today. You will learn from Erin Rochon, owner and lead designer of Bluebird Upcycled Style. She will provide a relaxed environment with the opportunity to try techniques and have all your refinishing questions answered. Come spend a few hours with other people and get inspired in a comfortable and creative environment. Some snacks will be provided.
Location: #216-250 City Centre at Makerspace North
What you will learn:
· Tips on what to look for when choosing furniture to refinish.
· How to prep your furniture before painting.
· Learn the 5 most used techniques in furniture refinishing; modern finish, dry brushing, a wash, dry and wet distressing.
· How to apply natural wax, clear coat and how to age your furniture using patina wax.
What you will leave with:
· The necessary skills and know how to complete your own fabulous projects.
· Take home your sample boards with the finishes you created to use as a guide for your future projects.
· 10% off all FAT paint and FAT paint products on the day of the workshop.
· Inspiration to begin your own projects.
Spots are limited. Payment must be paid in full at the time of booking.
A $30 non-refundable fee will be applied for cancellations.
Erin Rochon is the Owner and Creative Designer of Bluebird Upcycled Style. She is an Interior Decorator with several years experience in hand painted furniture. With her extensive background in developing, teaching and facilitating programs, Erin will create a comfortable environment for you to learn.